Patricia L. Ferraro, D.P.M., MS, FACFAOM
ABOUT DR. PATRICIA L. FERRARO, D.P.M., MS, FACFAOM
Dr. Patricia Ferraro has been providing comprehensive podiatric care in South Lake Tahoe since 1991. She completed her undergraduate degrees in Biology and Forensic Science from Indiana University then headed west to attend podiatry school. She received her Doctorate from the California College of Podiatric Medicine in San Francisco. She then completed her residency at Circle City Hospital in Corona, CA. While living in Southern California she attended the University of Southern California and received her Masters degree in Medical Education.
Her love of outdoor activities brought her to the Tahoe paradise she calls home. Her passion for promoting healthy, active lifestyles for all ages has given her an opportunity to provide care for patients with an extensive variety of ages, occupations and conditions. As a community advocate, she holds board positions for OPEN (Ordinary People Meeting Extraordinary Needs) and the Barton Hospital Foundation as well as membership in Soroptimist International of SLT and American Association of University Women. Other interests include triathlons, cycling, hiking, adventure travels and Sierra gardening.
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine–California College of Podiatric Medicine in San Francisco
- Masters of Science in Medical Education–University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Forensic Studies–Indiana University, Bloomington IN
- Residency–Circle City Hospital, Corona, CA
- Focused on limb salvage procedures to prevent amputation
- Provided consultations for many complicated conditions with performance of procedures within training scope
- American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliation
- Barton Memorial Hospital
- Lake Tahoe Surgery Center
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- California Podiatric Medical Association